Departure Date: 01/04/2020
Enjoy the very best of Japan at a wonderful time of year - Springtime! This self-guided trip allows you to choose travel dates to suit you, and will show you all of Japan’s top sights, with a great chance of catching the best of the famous sakura cherry blossom.
You’ll have plenty of time in Tokyo and Kyoto, for the best of Japan’s modern and ancient sides, including a private guiding session in each city to help you settle in. You will also travel up into the Japan Alps to explore samurai castles, mountain towns and hearty local food. To top it all off you’ll have a day and night in Hakone region, with traditional accommodation, hot-spring baths and Mt Fuji views – weather permitting! The trip is about far more than just sightseeing, with a range of experiences along the way, including a neon night food tour, a noodle making class, a geisha walking tour and a raucous night at Tokyo’s Robot Restaurant!
Trip Highlights include:
• The best of modern Tokyo, and traditional Kyoto
• Optional Hiroshima day trip to visit the Peace Park
• Traditional ryokan stay in Hakone, and perhaps a glimpse of Mt Fuji!
• Rural towns of Nikko and Takayama
• Travel in style aboard the famous Shinkansen (bullet train)
• Enjoy Japanese hospitality with a traditional ryokan stay
• Private guiding in Tokyo and Kyoto, for a personal insight
Make the most of your time in Japan. You’ll travel independently, on dates to suit you, with support every step of the way. Book now and you'll receive a bonus special offer of a free extra night in Tokyo and free upgrade to first-class train travel!
• 14 nights accommodation, 3 star • Transport between destinations, including Japan Rail Pass • Breakfast every day, plus one dinner (ryokan stay) • Half day private guiding service in Tokyo & Kyoto • Food and culture walking tour in Takayama • Neon night food tour in Tokyo • Robot Restaurant show in Tokyo • Geisha district walking tour in Kyoto
From $5,499* per person
*Terms and Conditions: These offers are brought to you by Travel Counsellors Pty Ltd, Travel Counsellors Pty Ltd acts as agent for the suppliers, including airlines, tour operators and hotels. The supplier's terms and conditions apply to any booking and they are available upon request. Price is in Australian Dollars based on per person, twin share on an example stay of in 1st Apr and out 13th Apr 2020. Seasonal surcharges may apply for other travel dates. Accommodation is subject to availability and we reserve the right to select alternative hotels of the same grade. Best cherry blossom viewing is generally between 25th March and 10th Apr, but can vary each year. Mother nature cannot be guaranteed! Advertised price is based on an example stay of in 1st Apr and out 13th Apr 2020. Seasonal surcharges may apply for other travel dates. Accommodation is subject to availability and we reserve the right to select alternative hotels of the same grade. Price is correct as at 6th August, is strictly subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed until booking confirmation is received. Flights, local transport and meals not specified are not included in the cost. Once confirmed you will become subject to our terms and conditions which can be found at www.travelcounsellors.com.au/tsandcs. Please contact your Travel Counsellor for full details.